Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Why I Like This Crap

I thought it was time to post some reasons for thinking this game is pretty radical (other than the obvious stuff like DRAGONS and QUESTS and SECRETS and MAGIKS).  I'm also feeling a little "listical" which is sort of like whimsical but with lists? (I made that up just now on the spot).


  1. THERE IS A STORY! but what is tubular about there being a story is that I don't always have to follow that story.  If I want to become part of the Thieves Guild in Riften then I'm all over it because really that does nothing but increase my pickpocketing/stealth meters and I am SUPER into that.
  2. THAT STORY IS ACTUALLY COOL! in other words, when I do go back to the story line, I'm excited!  Because I have done all these extra things like kill the CENTURION bodyguard in Shimmermist Cave and made a boat run afoul and stolen its goods and found unusual gems.  So when I return to the main quest line I'm like "FUCK THAT'S RIGHT I'M DRAGONBORN, bitches" which in turn reminds me about ALDUIN the evil dragon who is out to get URRBODY.
  3. I CAN BUY A HOUSE!  I can see why nerdy people (like me) are super into this kind of game where you build this person who is pretty awesome at something (like maybe they became a BARD at the college, or got super good at MAGICS, or ENCHANTING or became a THIEF or a STORMCLOAK, or a MERCERNARY, or a COMPANION) and then you can make that person form good or maybe bad relationships with other people in the game and it is like you are having a SECOND LIFE.  The only thing different about this and something like let's say, WoW, is that those other people I'm interacting with aren't FOR REAL, they are imaginary and they can stay that way.
  4. THE GRAPHICS!  I'm not the kind of person who's like "oh, wow, did you see that pixel? How gross, it was HUGE" or the fact that you could even see a pixel might turn some people away, but it's not me.  So my consensus on how pretty stellar the shit looks on screen is that it is RADICAL.  Especially when I go in with a killer blow using my Orcish Battleaxe and it cuts to what it actually looks like as I beat the crap out of some Falmer.  I'm SUPER into that.
  5. DIFFICULTY! So I have it on Novice......because let's be real here, I'm new at this.  That boy I date can swoop in and kill everyone in like 5 seconds whereas I'm like hmm...yeah....so.....thanks for having my back in there (literally) which is why we can't play video games together because he doesn't WAIT for me but in this game he doesn't have to, because I am playing all by myself and it's hard for ME in some parts and in others it's not really but I think that's the point and I can SEE my progress on a progesso meter and it tells me I'm doing REALLY WELL....in most parts.
Ok, so for now, that's all I've got.  I've done likeamillionmorequests so I will have to write about them but for some reason I have some sort of a life this week so I can at least catch up a little. HURRAY!

ps - comment on this shit sometimes ok?!?! so I know people are actually reading it?

No comments:

Post a Comment