Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SURPRISE! in Riverwood!

SHIT IS GETTING INTERESTING.

The greybeard knowitalls from High Hrothgar asked me, as a final test of my abilities as a DRAGONBORN (also, let's just take a step back and be reminded about how AWESOME being a dragonborn is.....because it's pretty rad), to go retrieve some HORN of plenty (not really but a HORN néamoins (which is french for nevertheless)), and bring it back to them all safe and cozy.


Which really means that I  wasn't into it at first and then was STOKED.  Off to Ustengrav I travelled far and wide so that I could complete my mission as a SHOUTER....erm..I mean....DRAGONBORN.

This horn was being held in a cave-like thing so you could imagine what I was up against.  Draugrs, Sorcerers, you know, whatever else lives in a cave (FROSTBITE SPIDERS!?!?!?!?).  My stealth has gotten so good that I can walk up to a Draugr while it's still sleeping in its little coffin bit and stealthily ASSASSINATE THE SHIT OUT OF IT without it even waking up.  I AM A STEALTHY MOTHER!






So whatever I'm awesome and I defeat all of these things that I have to defeat and I'm getting pretty good at it now and I feel like this is a sort of easy task thank goodness and I get to where Boy Blue left his horn and there is a NOTE that says: "Dragonborn, your secret is safe with me.  I jacked your stuff so come to Riverwood and sleep at the inn but ask for the attic room because it's WAY more comfortable. Love, A FRIEND"

WHO IS THIS FRIEND?!?!?!?!?  So I bolt out of Ustengrav and fastrackalack to Riverwood, ask the lovely Inn Keeper, Delphine, to show me to the attic room, where she says oh...why yes...of course, we don't have an attic, but this room will have to do.  So I am TIRED from all of my travelling and Draugr sneaking and basically everything I've been doing (Being a DRAGONBORN is HARD WORK guys). I set the little gauge for a 3 hour power nap only to be woken up by DELPHINE who leads me into her WARDROBE (I didn't think she knew THAT secret....) and takes me to a secret hidden room.

She tells me she's a part of some group called The Blades who are important for some reason or another and they are bound to protect the dragonborns and know a whole bunch about them and that I had already met her once.  WHAT?!?!? SECRETIVE?!!?!?!

Remember that lady I talked about in THIS POST OF YORE who was talking to the MAGICIAN in Whiterun just after I got called into High Hrothgar?  THAT WAS DELPHINE!!  I returned the Dragonstone I had been asked to retrieve and it was really for HER so that she could pinpoint where the next dragon was going to be.  AND SHE FOUND THE NEXT ONE.  I wish I could just capture my own game play because in this video I'm about to post I totally killed this silly dragon faster than this guy but LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING:


To tell you what is happening, Delphine and I went in search of a dragon and we found that Alduin, the Dragon that attacked before I was about to be beheaded, is RESURRECTING (like from the dead....or whatever) OTHER DRAGONS and is speaking in dragon-speak and is being all high and mighty.  Sort of scary, REALLY cool.

So now I'm off to defeat some Thalmor and see if they're behind this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment