Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Running to Riverrun

My belly was full and my new friend from Helgen and I fled for Riverwood to warn the PEOPLE about there being a DRAGON on the loose and ruining everyone's fun (being used as a relative term because getting my head chopped off wasn't really fun for me).

We ran and ran, and then we stopped to kill a RANDOM DOG (or three) (or maybe they were wolves) that were attacking us and howling at the sun or whatever.  All the while Hadvar (my friend has a name) is talking my ear off about the "StormCloaks" and how he is of the Imperial Army or something and that I should join because their cause is good and one of the IMPORTANT people who was supposed to get his head cut off in Helgen was actually this guy ULFRIC WHO IS EVIL (apparently?) and who is leader of some rebellion and the stormycloak dudes were all his accomplices.

Also Hadvar is telling me that this new General something has only been in command for two MONTHS while their last General was trying to catch Ulfric for TWO YEARS so this new guy must be some kind of genius right?

This is where I, as in me, the person actually playing the game, not my avatar, Astaldofânwen, who is probably none the wiser, is SUSPECTING things about this new General.  Why was Ulfric captured so quickly?  Maybe Ulfric WANTED to be captured.  Maybe the Gen and Ully (I like that better) are in CAHOOTS together (as my gee-ma would say) and planning some evil plot...plan.....thing.....for the KING.  I don't know if I've been told that there is a king but this game has DRAGONS so there's got to be a King of some sort right?  I have no idea I haven't played OBLIVION so I wouldn't know.


Sotocontinuefinally.......We run into Riverwood to see Hadvar's uncle, Alvor, for some reason or another.  Mostly to use his forge to forge my own weapons....which I didn't think about at the time I was too interested in taking his carrots and apparently stealing a wooden bowl to think that it would be a good idea to have something better than just an IRON SWORD.  Looking back that was STUPID. 

Anywert (in the words of Raych, who is of the hilarious kind) Alvar told me I should go to Whiterun and that it was "just North over the hill" or something and I can say that right now I am not liking his deception (more on this at a time that is not now).  Hadvar again encourages my joining the Imperial Army and I say I'll think about it.

I set on my way to Whiterun discovering all of these ruined houses and get into strange situations like this creep Cisero who has THE MOST ANNOYING VOICE EVAR, seriously, a clip?  THIS is what happened and I don't like this guy:
(please note that this is a clip from youtube and that my wood elf is way hotter than this person's character but I also like that they have posted this so that I can share my annoyance with you)

I just told the guard that I didn't know what Cisero was carrying in that coffin (please...your mother?  get a better story, Joker), and I think he arrested him but I got the monies from Loreius and that was alright.

So far I still don't know what I'm doing.  I'm meeting Stormcloaks on the road who are telling me to JOIN THEM but they aren't killing me (I think it's because I'm a hawt Wood Elf, personally) so now I'm all torn and confused (STORMCLOAKS OR IMPERIAL ARMY WHAT WILL I DO?!!?!?!).

hrmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment