Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

THE CENTURION OF CENTURIONS (I hope)

No this is not a post about taking a 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes.

DO YOU REMEMBER when waaaaaaaaay back at the beginning of me playing this game and I was at a level 3 and hanging out in Whiterun and decided to join The Companions?  But they asked me to clear out a cave of Falmers close to Whiterun and I was like CHYEAH!  YOU KNOW IT!  which is when I realized I was good at being stealthy but then realized it was only because the Falmers can't actually see anything so really I wasn't good at being stealthy at the time, only quiet?  OH, and FALMERS were scary as hell (like literally...if I had ever seen hell...which I haven't....*knocks on wood*).

After gaining some experience and returning to Whiterun I decided hey - I'm close enough.  Why not go to Shimmermist Cave and KILL THOSE GUYS.  You might also remember the Chaurus...and how FREAKY those things are...and how I couldn't kill them.

WELL I'M A LEVEL 13 WOOD ELF BITCHES and I'm pretty much ready to kick their asses.  I will NOT run out scared THIS TIME my scarab-ey little friends.

It's actually kind of fun to go back to something like that and see the improvement you've made not only as someone playing the game (like aiming the little pointer thing where the person/thing might actually die) but as my sweet little wood elf has grown into a woman wood elf who is now ACTUALLY stealthy and can kill things quickly and got through to the Chaurus in like a quarter of the time it took her initially because she is GOOD.  SUP?!!

So I get to the very end where I see this Falmer guy with a hat and I'm like SWEET this is going to be EASY so I stealthily hit him and hide behind a pillar and he comes looking so I hit him again while I'm still sort of hit him and easily kill him and then I hear all of these cling clanging noises and OMG THIS THING COMES AT ME AND I DIE INSTANTANEOUSLY.   RIGHT AWAY.  NO TIME TO GASP.



CAN YOU SEE IT?!?!?!  It's a huge mechanical DWARVEN CENTURION.  like what the hell is that even?  Don't ask me because I didn't even have time to BREATHE you guys (and gals).  Thank goodness these bitches don't regenerate life because you know how I beat them?  By RUNNING AWAY like I said I wouldn't but seriously - how else am I supposed to beat this mechanical wonder?  As if I'm going to use all my potions.  So I would hit him, run back until he couldn't tell I was still there, then slowly creep back and hit him again, until he was DEAD.  So technically, I was using my stealthiness at its PRIME.

You can call me a coward all you want, but when a METALLIC GIANT is after your elven ass, and you confront it, and it kills you before you can let out a "OH SHIT"......you will do the same, I promise you that.

Shimmermist Cave, consider yourself officially CLEARED.

No comments:

Post a Comment